Skip to main content
Create interactive lessons using any digital content including wikis with our free sister product
. Get it on the
Pages and Files
Approaches Hand Mnemonic
Neuron Ion Flow
Sleep, dreams, drugs
Multiple Intelligence profile - with
9 multiple intelligences!
TEACH THE CLASS VALIDITY, RELIABILITY and APTITUDE/ACHIEVEMENT with your MULTIPLE INTELLIGENCE!
- write a song/tune for a definition
- write a rhyme/poem for a definition or debate at least two of the terms
- discuss definitions and come up with examples and stories from your life
- think about definitions and your own examples - where might others have trouble with understanding? List the reasons why we learned about psychometrics yesterday.
- come up with hand motions or demo to show one of the words in action - a skit where you can "act-out" the terms
- how might we use the words in the environment to test things? Apply to science or put the words in a chart/hierarchy
- do these terms help us understand the real world? How can this be applied to real-world. Would a future Keystone State test in Social studies or Algebra be useful? What do tests ultimately measure? Why do psychometricians make these tests and look for validity/reliability?
- Can you organize the notes from yesterday in a more step-by-step way? Can you create a puzzle or problem to solve or question to test students' knowledge? Can you make the lesson or the way the words were described better?
- is there a picture or chart we could use to memorize these words? Notecards with pictures for some of the terms?
OR APPLY THE TERMS TO STERNBERG'S TRIARCHIC THEORY -
Analytic (g) - know definitions
Practical- how can what we learned be applied to real world - imagine you are a test-maker...how would you use at least two terms to make a good test
Creative - what original thoughts or ideas could you come up with that relate to terms
Could you create your own intelligence test? What would you include?
KIM PEEK, "RAINMAN"
*The real Kim Peek - passed away Dec. 22, 2009 at age 58
Learn more about Kim Peek
Stephen Wiltshire - artistic savant
More info on savant, synesthesia
Daniel Tammety .... Savant autism
PRESSURE OF SAT -
Examples from 1901 College Board Entrance Exam
Examples from 1926 SAT
Examples from 1999 SAT
Who was good enough to get in?
BATTLE OF BRAINS - BBC special
AFTER BINET, PSYCHOLOGIST GODDARD TRANSLATED MENTAL AGE TEST INTO ENGLISH = EUGENICS MOVEMENT/ELLIS ISLAND!!!!
Worksheets from AP class in NC
None of the above.doc
APTestIQ Must KNowppt.ppt
Intelligence - unbiased inheritance? CULTURE FAIR TESTS?
INTELLIGENCE WAR DEBATE: adapted from another AP teacher
* INKBLOT, TAT USEFUL?
Carl Rogers and the Humanist Perspective
Abraham Maslow and the Humanist Perspective
THIS IS GREAT TOO! TALK TO CARL ROGERS OR FREUD!!
Personality Portfolio Project APPSYCH2010.doc
BIG FIVE chart: All the personality psychologists whose ideas concur with the test
Take as many as you can; understand and analyze what it is saying about your PERSONALITY
Do tests have reliability? (If you take it on a different day, do you get the same results?)
BIG FIVE tests
THIS ONE BELOW HAS 45 Qs and you can answer them for self and important friend
This one is from NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY and it is great because it compares your BIG FIVE attributes to the average of other women and men THIS ONE HAS 74 QUESTIONS - judge your timing!! YOU CANNOT SAVE THESE
BIG FIVE VIDEO
BBC Child Of Our Time - The Big Personality Test
More tests like this...
PERSONALITY TESTS - KEIRSEY: MODERN FOUR TEMPERAMENTS
This requires an e-mail and only gives one of four types "artisan" "idealist" "guardian" and "rational" FOR FREE. But you must enter an accurate e-mail and password to get this. You don't need to be able to check e-mail to read the free report. The report then applies Myers-Briggs to your "type," but this information requires a payment. Use the next links to get to Myers-Briggs test.
this one relates back to Keirsey
Another test that relates to "Jung's personality types" is the
This is fun because it can give you compatibility with a friend or loved one
Raymond Cattell and the 16 PF (personality factor)
Cattell was first to define fluid, crystallized intelligence and then he also identified 18,000 terms to describe personality
Cattell proposed that we all have the same basic personality traits, but each has unique degrees.
Some of the 16 factors include warmth, intellect, emotional stability, agressiveness, liveliness, dutifulness, social assertiveness, etc.
TOP 5 ONLINE PERSONALITY TESTS
Type A personality
Locus of Control Test
Remember from the SECOND DAY OF CLASS - Hippocrates and the four humors - choleric, phlegmatic, meloncholic, sanguine..scroll down for QUIZ!!!
STUDYING FOR TEST
Use Ch. 10A and 10B to study the "language" questions only
Use Ch. 11A and 11B for intelligence
Use Ch. 14A and 14B for personality
ANOTHER GREAT WAY TO STUDY!! - THE PSYCH GUY (Michael Britt) makes comics about DEFENSE MECHANISMS - test yourself to see if you understand them!!
The Perspectives and Their Assumptions About Personality.doc
INTELLIGENCE AND PERSONALITY REVIEW
Comparing theories of personality
Personality Study Guide.doc
help on how to format text
Turn off "Getting Started"